Skip to main content

Herman Family


I can't begin to write how much I enjoyed this session at Morgan View Farms with the Herman's. Fields, barns, running horses, green green green...I love this location and enjoyed every minute! We almost got blown over with the hurricane winds and had to take cover in one of the barns to wait out a three minute rain, but all of that was part of the fun. It was wonderful to watch this father and his girls interact, he is raising two amazing young ladies. The connection between Morgan and her horse Nick was also really cool to observe. They had such a special bond that was beautiful to capture. During the gaps where a particularly mischevious horse named Kally wasn't busy burrying her nose in my neck- nibbling and kissing me and my big camera- these are the some of my favorites that I got, I hope you enjoy!


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Daniel Boone

Bang Bang  I must say, I love using playrooms with great window light.

Finger Painting Shoot

I've been wanting to take advantage of the pretty weather, so I decided to get some work done out on my porch today. Blue skies, plenty of trees, birds chirping, and my puppy sunbathing next to me is a nice place to hang out. This is my first blog, first post, first go at this. So even if I turn out to be a miserable blogger, the morning will not have been spent in vain because I spent it outdoors.  A couple days ago, I had the privilege to do a shoot with two cutie pies, Elisa and Gavin. I approached Paula to see if she would let me do an experimental shoot with her sweet little ones! She had told me that her children were comfortable and used to being in front of the camera, so I was excited to play a little with ideas that a lot of parents would be a little hesistant towards. I'm glad she was brave and trusting when I told her my idea was to have her kids finger paint.  Lots and lots of colorful paint, smiley kids, a beautiful backyard full of a bounty of trees and...

A boy and his dog | Frost Photography

When a potential client approaches me in person to talk to be about making pictures of their children, they inevitably want to know about Frost Photography. Some times they have seen my work, some times they have not. The images above convey what I aim to capture. In this case, the shoot was technically over, I was gathering my gear, and I looked up to little Louis playing with his toy airplane with their dog watching nearby. There was nothing that was going to stop me from picking up my camera again. Moments like this is what I live for as a photographer. I often describe my style and perspective as unposed, real, and timeless. Those are my three attributes I strive for in my work. Ten years from now, I don't want my work to feel dated because I followed a trend. Props and staged settings are extremely prevalent in this day of photography. I'm not knocking those styles because many of them are done really well and turn out great. I just am not that photographer....