Skip to main content

My Summer Goals List


One of my favorite things to do is look forward to fun things, especially summer events! For the past six or seven years, my friends and I have made summer goals lists of things we want to do before summer ends. In the beginning, some of our's were: night swim in the ocean and swim out to the sand bar as much as possible.

My goals on this year's list are a little more safe, but just as fun ;)

1. Tube down the Ichetucknee River in Florida and swim in the cold springs
2. Buy rocking chairs for our front porch
3. Watch the fireworks on the 4th of July with my toes in the sand in Jax Beach
4. Read the whole collection of Harry Potter books (only one read so far)
5. Scan, print, frame, and hang collection of old photographs I've found of my family and my husband's in my office
6. Give my very difficult and stubborn pup a short summer hair cut
7. Write and finish a new poem
8. Make a cheesecake, for the very first time
9. Have a tea party, most likely with my little nieces
10. Rope swing into a lake or river
11. See Blink 182 live for the second time (first time was quite amazing :))

Snapped this one of Hoppus & Confetti a couple years ago

I've been packing for the past couple of days for a week trip to the beach. I can't wait to read some Mary Oliver while relaxing outside :) Here is a bit of her work that I love.

I look; morning to night I am never done looking.
  Looking I mean not just standing around, but standing around as though with your arms open...

And now I will tell you the truth.
 Everything in the world
 comes.
 At least, closer.
 And, cordially.
 Like the nibbling, tinsel-eyed fish; the unlooping snake.
 Like goldfinches, little dolls of gold
 fluttering around the corner of the sky
 of God, the blue air.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Daniel Boone

Bang Bang  I must say, I love using playrooms with great window light.

Finger Painting Shoot

I've been wanting to take advantage of the pretty weather, so I decided to get some work done out on my porch today. Blue skies, plenty of trees, birds chirping, and my puppy sunbathing next to me is a nice place to hang out. This is my first blog, first post, first go at this. So even if I turn out to be a miserable blogger, the morning will not have been spent in vain because I spent it outdoors.  A couple days ago, I had the privilege to do a shoot with two cutie pies, Elisa and Gavin. I approached Paula to see if she would let me do an experimental shoot with her sweet little ones! She had told me that her children were comfortable and used to being in front of the camera, so I was excited to play a little with ideas that a lot of parents would be a little hesistant towards. I'm glad she was brave and trusting when I told her my idea was to have her kids finger paint.  Lots and lots of colorful paint, smiley kids, a beautiful backyard full of a bounty of trees and...

A boy and his dog | Frost Photography

When a potential client approaches me in person to talk to be about making pictures of their children, they inevitably want to know about Frost Photography. Some times they have seen my work, some times they have not. The images above convey what I aim to capture. In this case, the shoot was technically over, I was gathering my gear, and I looked up to little Louis playing with his toy airplane with their dog watching nearby. There was nothing that was going to stop me from picking up my camera again. Moments like this is what I live for as a photographer. I often describe my style and perspective as unposed, real, and timeless. Those are my three attributes I strive for in my work. Ten years from now, I don't want my work to feel dated because I followed a trend. Props and staged settings are extremely prevalent in this day of photography. I'm not knocking those styles because many of them are done really well and turn out great. I just am not that photographer....