Skip to main content

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you | Frost Photography

Happy Mother's Day to this incredible, strong, and gorgeous inside and out mama! Esteé and Peace are so very dear to my heart. It is just incredible how God gives you exactly the people who you need at the perfect time.  Esteé and I met at church and I've felt like I have this new amazing best friend ever since. These two beautiful girls have breathed such light into my life, they are truly like long lost family. The feeling of being at home with a friend is so rare and special, and it is something I treasure. 

As you will see, these two are naturals in front of the camera. Their free and happy spirits combined with the lush green setting, horse stables, and wildflowers made for some of my all time favorite photographs. Get ready for some adorable belly laughs, mama daughter cuddles, and some guitar playing by the water. 

As you probably know I love capturing my subjects doing life in their every day setting. Esteé and Peace both love music and have recently started playing the harp. How heavenly right?! I am so thankful I was able to capture a few of these in their lovely little home. Those really make my heart sing!


Esteé, I admire you as a mother for so many reasons. The life you are creating for Peace is so full and rich. Peace is an exceptional, wise five year old, I'm continuously amazed at her love to serve, love for learning, and love for others.  Every time I am around you two my life has been enriched in some way.

I've been reading John Maxwell's book, Intentional Living. He talks a lot about the importance of looking and finding ways to add significance and value to other's lives. Also, he talks about how good intentions don't do anything. Putting those intentions into action is imperative. When five year old Peace was over at our house one night she walked over to me while I was fixing tacos at the stove. She looked up at me with those big precious eyes and told me she made a list of ten ways she was going to help me. Some things on her list were to play with my two daughters, take out my trash, help me with dinner, and do what I asked. Being the mom of a one year old and a three year old, this floored me. My days are spent serving each and every demand and need of my daughters. And here is Peace who holds no responsibility or obligation in our family who has not only thought out how she could help me but told me her plan and took action in doing helpful acts of kindness. The evening she was with us was a much more peaceful  night than we usually had with our chaotic evening routine. She was intentional on how she wanted to be helpful and she really added value to our family. Man, that is really something, right? What if I lived out my days like that? What would my life look like? 

I hope these photos make you both smile, laugh, wrap each other up in big hugs, and realize the vastness of God's love, blessing, and plan for you two. He has created you both for exceptional things, it is very clear to see, you two will move mountains! All in God's glory. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneak Peek, Seven Year Old Spunk

A good friend/client of mine sent me a design idea that she wanted me to do for each of her children. I tried it out on my niece first today, and this is what turned out <3 I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Finger Painting Shoot

I've been wanting to take advantage of the pretty weather, so I decided to get some work done out on my porch today. Blue skies, plenty of trees, birds chirping, and my puppy sunbathing next to me is a nice place to hang out. This is my first blog, first post, first go at this. So even if I turn out to be a miserable blogger, the morning will not have been spent in vain because I spent it outdoors.  A couple days ago, I had the privilege to do a shoot with two cutie pies, Elisa and Gavin. I approached Paula to see if she would let me do an experimental shoot with her sweet little ones! She had told me that her children were comfortable and used to being in front of the camera, so I was excited to play a little with ideas that a lot of parents would be a little hesistant towards. I'm glad she was brave and trusting when I told her my idea was to have her kids finger paint.  Lots and lots of colorful paint, smiley kids, a beautiful backyard full of a bounty of trees and flowe

Playing Daniel Boone

Bang Bang  I must say, I love using playrooms with great window light.