Skip to main content

Aren't Grandparent's Grand Giveaway! | Frost Photography

In honor of Grandparent's Day coming up, September 11, I'm so VERY excited to announce the Aren't Grandparent's Grand Giveaway! This project is something I have been daydreaming about for the last few years. It's something very close to my heart. I have the fondest affection and memories of my grandparents. They are a huge reason I am who I am today. I find myself at my parent's house rummaging in drawers and boxes, searching for photographsof my grandpa and grandma, trying my best to go back in time, back to them. I wish I had a single snapshot from each moment we spent together. The pictures that I do have help me hold them close as my memory fades with time.

 So many people have told me they wish they would have taken the time to take more pictures of and with their grandparents before they passed away, which I also feel strongly about. Through the beauty of photography, we can capture those that are still with us. This giveaway is about a special experience to spend some fun time with your grandparent(s) and to create lasting, tangible moments. I want to incorporate as many details of the relationship and connection as possible. I want to make pictures of whatever you enjoy doing with your grandparents. Some examples may be playing cards, fishing, having coffee, hanging out at a favorite spot you always meet at, going to Waffle House, cooking together, gardening etc. I will basically be there documenting your good times together. These photos will be great to have, treasure, and share with your loved ones in years to come!

Enjoy these of my adorable Poppa :)



If you wish to enter this contest, all you have to do is
1. 'Like" Frost Photography page on facebook (If you haven't already)

2. Leave a comment on the "Aren't Grandparents Grand" post saying
 something special about your grandparent and why you would love to win this giveaway.

3. Ask all your friends and family to like Frost Photography and 'Like' your comment
The comment with the most 'likes' will win the giveaway!

This giveaway ends on Saturday, September 3rd, at midnight

More details will be discussed with winner via email/phone once contest is determined. Location of session will have to be in the Macon, Warner Robins area or in St. Simons, GA.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Daniel Boone

Bang Bang  I must say, I love using playrooms with great window light.

Finger Painting Shoot

I've been wanting to take advantage of the pretty weather, so I decided to get some work done out on my porch today. Blue skies, plenty of trees, birds chirping, and my puppy sunbathing next to me is a nice place to hang out. This is my first blog, first post, first go at this. So even if I turn out to be a miserable blogger, the morning will not have been spent in vain because I spent it outdoors.  A couple days ago, I had the privilege to do a shoot with two cutie pies, Elisa and Gavin. I approached Paula to see if she would let me do an experimental shoot with her sweet little ones! She had told me that her children were comfortable and used to being in front of the camera, so I was excited to play a little with ideas that a lot of parents would be a little hesistant towards. I'm glad she was brave and trusting when I told her my idea was to have her kids finger paint.  Lots and lots of colorful paint, smiley kids, a beautiful backyard full of a bounty of trees and...

A boy and his dog | Frost Photography

When a potential client approaches me in person to talk to be about making pictures of their children, they inevitably want to know about Frost Photography. Some times they have seen my work, some times they have not. The images above convey what I aim to capture. In this case, the shoot was technically over, I was gathering my gear, and I looked up to little Louis playing with his toy airplane with their dog watching nearby. There was nothing that was going to stop me from picking up my camera again. Moments like this is what I live for as a photographer. I often describe my style and perspective as unposed, real, and timeless. Those are my three attributes I strive for in my work. Ten years from now, I don't want my work to feel dated because I followed a trend. Props and staged settings are extremely prevalent in this day of photography. I'm not knocking those styles because many of them are done really well and turn out great. I just am not that photographer....