Skip to main content

Route, route, route for the home team



My three best friends and I got to spend the day together watching some great baseball on Saturday- Braves vs. Mets, double header. I thought it would be fun to get some slugger shots of us four to get us in the mood for the game. The fun car rides, beautiful day, behind home plate close seats, and an excellent game made it a wonderful day.


Any time I attend a baseball game it makes me want to play again. Being the tomboy that I was growing up, my favorite part of playing was sliding or stealing a base. My legs were always covered in strawberries. I found my old slugger picture from the my first team I ever played on when I was either 5 or 6. We were the Little Rascals :)

I used my dad's baseball glove which was way too big for my tiny hand, but it worked great.  

I loved playing baseball, collecting baseball cards, and the Sandlot a lot back then. It's funny how going to this game has reminded me of all of this. 

Here are some other shots from our baseball day <3


 




Did anyone else used to think when they were kids that the National Anthem ended like this...
...land of the free, and the hooooome of the Braves :) 

  
   





Comments

  1. Love these! Know you had fun with "Miss April" and looking forward to our family photo session!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Daniel Boone

Bang Bang  I must say, I love using playrooms with great window light.

Finger Painting Shoot

I've been wanting to take advantage of the pretty weather, so I decided to get some work done out on my porch today. Blue skies, plenty of trees, birds chirping, and my puppy sunbathing next to me is a nice place to hang out. This is my first blog, first post, first go at this. So even if I turn out to be a miserable blogger, the morning will not have been spent in vain because I spent it outdoors.  A couple days ago, I had the privilege to do a shoot with two cutie pies, Elisa and Gavin. I approached Paula to see if she would let me do an experimental shoot with her sweet little ones! She had told me that her children were comfortable and used to being in front of the camera, so I was excited to play a little with ideas that a lot of parents would be a little hesistant towards. I'm glad she was brave and trusting when I told her my idea was to have her kids finger paint.  Lots and lots of colorful paint, smiley kids, a beautiful backyard full of a bounty of trees and...

A boy and his dog | Frost Photography

When a potential client approaches me in person to talk to be about making pictures of their children, they inevitably want to know about Frost Photography. Some times they have seen my work, some times they have not. The images above convey what I aim to capture. In this case, the shoot was technically over, I was gathering my gear, and I looked up to little Louis playing with his toy airplane with their dog watching nearby. There was nothing that was going to stop me from picking up my camera again. Moments like this is what I live for as a photographer. I often describe my style and perspective as unposed, real, and timeless. Those are my three attributes I strive for in my work. Ten years from now, I don't want my work to feel dated because I followed a trend. Props and staged settings are extremely prevalent in this day of photography. I'm not knocking those styles because many of them are done really well and turn out great. I just am not that photographer....